Thursday, April 29, 2010

Malcolm X

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery. "

"I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment."

"I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence."

"I have no mercy or compassion in me for a society that will crush people, and then penalize them for not being able to stand up under the weight."

"If you stick a knife nine inches into my back and pull it out three inches, that is not progress. Even if you pull it all the way out, that is not progress. Progress is healing the wound, and America hasn't even begun to pull out the knife."

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."

"So early in my life, I had learned that if you want something, you had better make some noise."

"Sometimes you have to pick the Gun up to put the Gun down."

"There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time."

"Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change."

尤其喜歡最後一句。

喜歡收集金句,它們有些來自理想國,適宜身處光明的時候看,有些來自亂世,適宜身處黑暗的時候想起,Malcolm X 的多是後者,我不同意他前期的鼓吹分離黑人白人,但他的確很酷,演説很有感染力,1992年美國電影Malcolm X裏面的丹素華盛頓像極他。

大概太酷,1965年公開演説時遭行刺身亡,當時唯一被擒的兇手早幾天剛好刑滿出獄,今年69嵗,後悔萬分......

http://www.malcolmx.com/

http://www.malcolmxonline.com/

No comments: