Saturday, June 19, 2010

Splendour in the Grass





Splendour in the Grass - William Wordsworth
What though the radiance
which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass,
of glory in the flower,
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.


「我們,不要去羡慕别人所擁有的幸福。你以為你没有的,可能在來的路上,你以為他擁有的,可能在去的途中……有的人對你好,是因為你對他好。有的人對你好,是因為懂得你的好!」Facebook的一個朋友如是説,很有意思。
令我想起Pink Martini唱的Splendour in the Grass,知道那部1961年的同名電影中文名字叫做「天涯何處無芳草」,上面是片中主人公唸的詩句。
情愫相同,都是叫人忘記背後,努力面前,卻同樣難免唏噓。


I can see you're thinking baby
I've been thinking too
about the way we used to be
and how to start a new

Maybe I'm a hopeless dreamer
maybe I've got it wrong
but i'm going where the grass is green
if you like to come along

Back when i was starting out
I always wanted more
but every time I got it
I still felt just like before

Fortune is a fickle friend
I'm tired of chasing fate
and when I look into your eyes
I know you feel the same

All these years of living large
are starting to do a sin
I wont say it wasn't fun
but now it has to end

Life is moving oh so fast
I think we should take it slow
rest our heads upon the grass
and listen to it grow

Going where the hills are green
and the cars are few and far
days are full of splendor
and at night you can see the stars

Life's been moving oh so fast
I think we should take it slow
rest our heads upon the grass
and listen to it grow

No comments: